Thursday, November 24, 2011

COUNTING OUR BLESSINGS

I took this photo at the zoo to show Miduk what a turkey is and what we would be eating on Thanksgiving Day.  When he sees it he says "Gobble Gobble!"


Playing at Aunt Sue's while Shelby and Uncle Brent fry turkeys


(Shelby is taking the photo).  We enjoyed being together with family today and counting our blessings. Aunt Katy and Colton joined us for lunch.  My side of the family joined us later on for dessert, and Miduk met Grandma and Grandad, Aunt Teresa and Julie, and cousin Alex.

Fat and Happy after lunch :)  And the Dallas Cowboys won tonight! Another reason to be grateful!


In the backyard with Meme and Papaw



Waychoff Family Thanksgiving

Miduk's favorite dessert was the french silk pie.  He liked the turkey and noodles too!  I asked Miduk what his favorite part of Thanksgiving was and he said "the food and playing with Ben and Jake"!  :)

We are so thankful for our friends and our family, and the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving Day with them.  This year we are especially thankful for the blessing of Miduk in our lives.  He has brought us together, brought us much joy and laughter, and we are blessed to be able to share things with him and experience new things through his eyes.  It sure has made me realize how much we take for granted in our privileged lives.  I enjoyed a hot shower this morning, drove my car across town to my sister's house, had warm clothes to wear, didn't worry about where my next meal was coming from, had the luxury of a stove/oven/microwave and didn't have to cook over a wood fire, my family and I are all healthy, I am writing on a laptop computer and used my cell phone and camera today, and in a moment I will probably eat another slice of pie and crawl into a warm bed.  How lucky am I?  Rather, how BLESSED am I!  I didn't do a thing to deserve any of this.  It's only by the grace of God that I am so fortunate while so many others are not.  And I want Miduk to experience that feeling too, and to be able to share it with his family someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment